Canon AE-1 Program w/ 50mm 1.8 & Flash
This is Canon's AE-1 Program model from the A Series introduced in the late 1970's. The body, flash, and lens are in excellent overall condition and show minimal signs of use, with some very minor but expected brassing on a few black-paint body edges.
The shutter speeds sound reasonably accurate at all settings to my ears, and the PC sync fires appropriately when the shutter is triggered - as does the self timer. The film and battery compartments are clean and clear, and release properly for use. Everything operates smoothly, and the camera, flash, and lens are functional **.
The 50mm Canon 'New' FD standard lens is the original f/1.8 kit version, and is in excellent condition. It has no haze, no fungus, no separation, and no scratches or coating issues or other anomalies. There is a very minimal amount of dust present, but this should not affect photos. The lens focuses smoothly, with full aperture control for both auto and manual modes, on oil-free blades. The lens will operate on any Canon FD mount body, or will also work equally well on many digital bodies with an appropriate adapter.
The Flash and its bracket and TTL hot shoe adapter cable make up the 533G Speedlite flash system, which operates on 6 AA batteries and has been tested with Alkaline, standard Lithium, and Lithium-Ion rechargeables. All controls work as expected, and respond to their programmable settings to exchange adjustment parameters in both directions... to/from the camera and flash. All 3 power levels can be enabled, with testing buttons and "Auto Check" responding to control and display modes. The Speedlite includes the optional wide angle diffusion filter to modify the light pattern output for lenses down to 28mm in focal length.
The viewfinder and mirror are clear with minimal dust and no debris, and will certainly have no effect on overall functionality or the quality of your photos. The camera does not exhibit the infamous 'Canon Squeal' noise prevalent on A Series cameras of the era. The meter and viewfinder display is active, and responsive to settings. Meter readings appear to be reasonable in value, and generally match stand-alone meters and digital camera readings.
You will receive the pictured and described camera body, Speedlite and attachments and brackets, and the 50mm f/1.8 nFD lens with its OEM front cap; as-pictured and as-described, with no other accessory items included, however I will send along a new 4LR44 battery.
- ** NOTES ON FUNCTIONALITY: The lens has been tested and used separately on Sony full-frame and APS-C mirrorless bodies for digital use, and on the included body to confirm mechanical operations, but the body, flash, and/or lens have not been 'film tested' nor are they offered or warranted to be 100% accurate for any measured operations or functionalities due to age and/or modern battery limitations. If your intent is to use the camera with film, it may require new light seals. Seal kits are cheap and easy for anyone to replace them on their own, and without the need for special tools.
- NOTE: Given the current public health circumstances, I will only ship this item in 'Click-n-Ship' approved packaging with scheduled USPS carrier pickups. In this case, it will be a USPS Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail box, with fixed shipping cost to your address, and insured for the full purchase price.
- For Sale
- or BIN Price
- Item Condition:
- Used: Tested/Digital
- No Optical Defects
- Full Mechanical Functions
- Full Electrical Functions
- Purchase By:
- Etsy.com - For Sale
- Listing Date/Time
- Aug 17, 2021 - 8:50am EDT
- Buy / Bid Link:
- Open Page